Favourite non-cycling Christmas present?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Here's mine. I wanted a copy for ages, but it went out of print and used copies were selling for silly money. At last, a second edition has been printed (well, two years ago - been on my wish list for a while!).
20171226_111726.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
Possible my Alexa Echo, I wanted a new radio for the bathroom and that will do nicely.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
From the Daily Mash-

"DEAR Auntie Emily and Uncle Bill,

Thank you so much for the toy drum kit you got Jesse for Christmas. He hasn’t stopped playing with it. No, seriously. He. Will. Not. Stop. And if we try to take it away from him he screams like an ABSOLUTE farkING MANIAC.

It’s just fantastic.

We wondered if you are trying to encourage Jesse’s musical side? We’ll all be so proud when he drops out of university to become a drummer in a death metal band, gets addicted to crystal meth and marries a Norwegian Goth. You are so sweet and considerate.

Of course, we’ll probably never know because we’ll both be dead fr
om asphyxiation from holding pillows over our own heads. Don’t feel sad for us. We’ll have gone to a much, much better place. It’s called Total Oblivion.

We look forward to repaying your generosity at Uncle Bill’s 60th. We’ll bring dessert. Is he still allergic to peanuts?

Thanks again for the present and have a happy and peaceful new year, you pair of utter dickbags.

Sarah and Stewart"

postman

Legendary Member
Not my present actually,but my sister in laws.Our Dan, him at Manchester Uni,drew a family picture and framed it.It was of him, young Miss Postman and said Aunty.It was taken from a photo i took while waiting in shade outside Universal Studios.I have to say it was brilliant.Well she had no idea,she burst in to tears when she opened it.Fantastic.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
My missus came up trumps for me. I had been trying to convince her I didn't need anything as I'd just got a new bike. Expected a few little alcohol/chocolate based gifts and not much else. Chuffed to bits to get (1) tickets for Joan Armatrading at Birmingham Town Hall and (2) a voucher for a meerkat experience at an animal sanctuary. (Feeding and handling meerkats and having them run and climb all over you). That girl's a keeper (as if I didn't already know that after 29 years).

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Not my present actually,but my sister in laws.Our Dan, him at Manchester Uni,drew a family picture and framed it.It was of him, young Miss Postman and said Aunty.It was taken from a photo i took while waiting in shade outside Universal Studios.I have to say it was brilliant.Well she had no idea,she burst in to tears when she opened it.Fantastic.
My best present was a hand drawn/painted picture of our quails....

Apparently there were lots of discussion about the poses, and colouring of each of the quails between my children. And it did make me emotional :smile:
image.jpg

Top Bottom