favourite place to get your bike serviced in the West End?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twanger

Über Member
West End of London, that is.

The hybrid needs a bit of a seeing to, and I want to drop it off in the morning and pick it up in the evening after work. I work in Marylebone.

Does anyone have any good advice to share on this?

Many thanks.

OP
OP
Twanger

Twanger

Über Member
West End of London, that is.

The hybrid needs a bit of a seeing to, and I want to drop it off in the morning and pick it up in the evening after work. I work in Marylebone.

Does anyone have any good advice to share on this?

Many thanks.

ChrisKH

Guru
Book it in well in advance. I recall going to my local Evans a couple of years ago and enquired about work being done and they gave me a date two weeks hence. So decided to use the LBS closer to home who do it same day/next day unless it involves something complicated.

ChrisKH

Guru
Book it in well in advance. I recall going to my local Evans a couple of years ago and enquired about work being done and they gave me a date two weeks hence. So decided to use the LBS closer to home who do it same day/next day unless it involves something complicated.

bazzadigz C+

BikeFix done exceptional work on my bikes, they are down lambs conduit street in Holborn, not sure if thats much help tho

bazzadigz C+

BikeFix done exceptional work on my bikes, they are down lambs conduit street in Holborn, not sure if thats much help tho

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Big named boys are Cycle Surgery in great portland street. and Evans a little further down. or an Evans in victoria.
There is also i think cavindish cycles near the cycle surgery, but i think thats fixie orientated.

I work in Marylbone as well, and my choice would be cycle surgery for there professionalism over Evans and other shops in the area. but evans in victoria is much easier for me to do. But saying that i always get my bike serviced at either evans west croydon or GB in south croydon.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Big named boys are Cycle Surgery in great portland street. and Evans a little further down. or an Evans in victoria.
There is also i think cavindish cycles near the cycle surgery, but i think thats fixie orientated.

I work in Marylbone as well, and my choice would be cycle surgery for there professionalism over Evans and other shops in the area. but evans in victoria is much easier for me to do. But saying that i always get my bike serviced at either evans west croydon or GB in south croydon.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
bazzadigz C+ said:

Google up on that one. Highly not recommended from the experiences I've read about. I had a bad experience there myself, though that was buying a bike, not getting one serviced.

Last Sunday, I cycled through Camden, which has a Cycle Surgery, and up towards Belsize Park tube I noticed an Evans had opened - must be recently, so perhaps they are not too busy? There's Chamberlains at the bottom of Kentish Town Road. Plenty of buses/trains into the West End.
I would say Evans opp. Waterloo Station but they are always busy.

OP
OP
Twanger

Twanger

Über Member
Thanks for the tips. I actually bought the bike from Evans in W Croydon, and I like them, but the point is not to have to lose days while I wait. Holborn's a bit far for a lazy SOB like me to walk. Gt P street is just round the corner.

Top Bottom