FDX sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommohawk

Anyone have any experience with fdx sports clothing? Prices seem reasonable and a good selection of gear.

matth411

Veteran
It's alright stuff. Not the best but certainly not the worst either.

Not going to compare it with the more expensive gear on the market, because as with 99% of things... You get what you pay for.

I am pretty much fully kitted out with FDX barring a few items that were gifts. Furthest ride I have managed in their bibshorts is 70mi and I could just about feel my backside and jewels afterwards.

Xipe Totec

Frrrg rrrrf yrrrr crrrnds
Had a couple of pairs of their 3/4 bibs, liked those for the few quid they cost (although the pads do fall apart quite quickly) so tried some shorts, which were a pretty different shape/size & nothing like as comfortable. Different garments clearly sourced from different manufacturers suggests it's pot luck what's going to be any good.

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

Took the plunge and ordered thermal bib tights and 2 x winter long sleeved jerseys on Thursday. Parcel arrived today. Items appear to be of good quality and I also got 10% off with it being my first order! Now waiting on base layers coming from PX and overshoes from Wiggle and that should be me sorted for the winter.

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

First ride with PX base layer and FDX winter jersey. 25 miles in blustery and chilly conditions but very impressed with how cosy and the general fit of the new kit.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I've had a couple of jerseys, good quality for the price, can come up a bit on the big side (unusual for cycling gear). Not so keen on their bibs though, had a pair of longs but they weren't very comfortable.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Had a pair of their mitts for gym work and they worked well. Ive been looking at their cycling stuff for a while but what keeps me away are the reviews that say that garment size/length/proportions are a bit off so it seems that a lot of rubbish is getting past QC. if there is any QC that is.

GuyBoden

Guru
Thanks, I've just ordered a cheap FDX winter jacket. I'll see how it performs this winter.

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

Now wore the winter tights on 2 rides and very impressed so far. The reflective strips are very effective and they are nice and cosy. The PX base layers are also excellent. An absolute bargain at the price.

TrueColours

Has anyone had as many problems as we are having with FDX lately ?

We have placed 3 orders with them with no issues and now we are having one heck of a time getting them to return any messages sent through FB. Texts. Emails. Their portal on their website

The size info on their website is WAY off and they admit they are having supplier issues, so they said to return it. They’d pay postage and send out the correct size. Have sent it back and now they have gone “radio silent”. No response as to whether they received it. have sent back the correct size. Nothing. And looking at the comments on their FB page we arent the only ones going through this either. Their phone has been busy for 2 days and I am, up well over 70+ calls to try and reach them

And now doing a google search on their actual physical address leaves me with a REALLY uneasy feeling as they appear to be operating out of a car repair shop as their place of business! 1a Montague Rd, E11 3EU

Any feedback would be very much appreciated - thanks very much

vickster

Legendary Member
Did you pay with a credit card? If so, just do a chargeback. That’ll stir them into action when the funds are recalled :okay:

OP
OP
T

Tommohawk

Having had a bit more experience with the FDX bib tights I have to say that they are not particularly comfortable. They are cosy enough but the padding doesn’t seem to be offering enough comfort. Having said that the jerseys are very good.

Top Bottom