Fecking HMRC.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last year I was taxed for my new job in Wales

I was working full time in Portsmouth, and apparently full time at a lower grade in Cardiff at the same time

Took me nearly three months of paying double tax to convince them that it was a mistake on their part, and a further three months to get the money back

I'd have thought that's probably an issue with the NHS ESR system. I managed to find myself in a very similar position. It's turn out that someone in HR hadn't bothered to check they'd got the right person before amending my record. Of course, they all swore blind it was an HMRC issue that I had to sort out. It wasn't until I asked for access to ESR to check the details that the issue came to light...

HMRC changed my tax codes etc, so all the correspondence was with them to sort the issue out

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 2537340, member: 30090"]Sorry but you should have kept your affairs in order. My only gripe with your situation is that I'd like to see more of the same from HMRC with those where unpaid taxes run into the millions.[/quote]
did you actually read the OP? ... this isn't about unpaid tax.

My earlier response was to Saddlebum's "Tax is Theft" response.
yes, that's what i was responding to too.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
[QUOTE 2538322, member: 30090"]What's this got to do with ringing up the revenue, explaining to them that you are no longer self employed and as a result can you please stop giving me these tax credits?[/quote]

Err - their incompetence perhaps? :wacko:

Top Bottom