Fed up with the wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I agree, it's not on. You'd think someone would give us a break.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I dont really mind it. As long as i know which way its going i am fine with it. It knocks the speed off slightly, but at the moment it isnt too bad here. When its really windy i hate side winds, i get blown about abit.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm quite happy with the wind when I'm on my bent and it comes to a bit of commuter racing. Nothing like stacking the odds in my favour, nooooo.

Batzman

I got lucky today... no wind on the way in... and a tailwind on the way home :tongue: ... got a PB (53mins/15-ish miles) on the way home too :wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
since getting drops and wearing close fitting cycle clothing I've gone from loathing headwinds to merely noticing them

I put in a bit more effort but more or less maintain the same speed

gbb

Legendary Member
I sympathise...but i've also found it's all about your mindset.

I used to hate the wind with a vengeance :tongue:. Nowadays, i seem more chilled about it...even in the 24mph winds, gusting to 47 mph two weeks ago...i just find a pace i can live with...dont try to beat it, you cant. Just find a pace and dont worry how slow it is....and the enjoy the tailwind on the way back.

On that day, i think i managed a top speed (downhill) of 15 mph :wacko:, and averaged about 10 mph :biggrin: on the outrun against the wind.

With the tailwind on the way home, i did several miles continuously a shade under 30 mph :biggrin:...and there was precious little difference in overall ride time compared with a windless day.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
It amazes me that it can be a headwind on the way out, and a headwind on the way back too!!

I wonder if that's an East Yorks thing ? i'm right on the coast & regularly set off heading west into a headwind, looking forward to an easy ride home, but returning down the same road it's often a headwind home too :tongue:

KINGCUTTER

My wife says she is having to put stones in her pockets to stop her being blown off,there is a joke in there i know it;).

Top Bottom