Feed stations...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Sorry, the second Ride London 100 that was only 86 miles long. I've edited the original to remove the spurious apostrophe marking where the nothing is missing...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Depends if you are bothered about 'official time' or your actual riding time.
Did a sportive with a couple of friends once, who didn't want to stop, because they were 'going for a time'. I wanted to enjoy the potential for a social experience, so I said 'adios' to them at the first feed stop, and let them go off. On a non-sportive long ride (say 80-100 miles) I'd usually stop twice en route, so I tend to do the same on a sportive... so yes, the official time is longer, but my actual riding time (on an app, on my phone) is what I'm interested in.
I'd rather stop and chat than whizz round, personally.

huwsparky

Über Member
I don't like stopping for too long or I stiffen up a bit and it takes a while to get the legs going again...
5 mins is enough normally
I can relate to this too. If I stop for to long it's game over for me as I struggle to get back going again. I find it OK stopping if going on slow club rides but if I'm putting in an effort I can't stop for to long.

Only done one sportive, was 78 miles and I stopped at one of the three feed stations on about 50 miles for 3 or 4 mins. Grabbed a banana, filled bottle, and off I went!

Jimidh

Veteran
Depends on the length of the route but I only now stop long enough to fill up my water bottles and grab a banana or similar to eat as I ride.

Last weekend I did the Tour O' The Borders (120km) and stopped at the 2nd Feedstation - topped up both bottles and grabbed a Brownie. difference in my official time and my Strava time was 4 minutes.

Reactions: Moe

Boopop

Guru
The ABF Sportive in Stanbridge, Bedfordshire had a feed station with home made baked goods last year. Suffice to say I spent a good number of minutes there. Getting up Bison hill to Whipsnade Zoo soon after was an entertaining experience! Hoping they'll outdo themselves again this September :smile:

Top Bottom