Feel...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

... can anyone assist, please?

The offspring's new steed is a thing of beauty, this P2C. It's the first time he's been on a competely carbon framed bike. All new bits too. Fitted out ten-speed Dura-Ace, ceramic jocky wheels, ceramic-bearings bottom bracket, new chain, new sprockets, etc.

It 'feels' and 'sounds' very, very different to a metal-framed bike and, as I say, he's never ridden this sort of steed before.

So, to pick the brains of those who have on't'forum... how would you describe the difference? How do you 'tell' the thing is running as it should be? What 'should' it feel like?

I've ridden with carbon wheels a couple of times before and they make a lovely humming noise on a nice smooth road. I'm also waiting for delivery of my new bike which is full carbon frame and forks:biggrin:. I had a test run on a similar bike and it felt very stiff but the ride was surprisingly comfy

OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

Carbon wheel hum is something he's used to as he's had the Zipps for a year now. It's the general 'feel' and 'sound' of entire carbon bike (frame, fork, seatpost, bars) with ceramic jockey wheels, ceramic bearings... so different from a metal bike - even metal bike with carbon wheels

stevenb

It's not unnerving for me. I find that the annoying bit is my internal cable routing which will 'slap' the insides of the tube when you go over bumps etc.
Teh whirring hollow sound is nice. My Dura Ace feels really solid and tight. The bars and front end will make more of a creaking sound when you go over bumps than a tinny sound of ally/steel bikes......but it's just natural flexing.
I'm already acustomed to mine and would never go back.
:biggrin:

Top Bottom