Feeling Blessed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

It can be expensive to get off it, the roads can be like cart tracks (although an extensive re-surfacing programme is seeing that sorted), but living on the Isle of Wight, I feel absolutely blessed.............especially today! Being self employed, I managed to finish early, got home at a reasonable time for once. It was a perfect summer evening down here, so I jumped on my bike and headed from Newport, our county town in the middle of the island, along an old disused railway line that has been transformed in to a riverside cycleway, to the sailing Mecca that is Cowes. It is the annual Cowes Week regatta this week, so the town is just alive with people. A brief stop to photograph P&O's Arcadia leaving Southampton Water, then back on the bike to ride the length of the seafront between Cowes and Gurnard. After a quick chat with a friend, I turned around and retraced my wheel tacks home, stopping for a few minutes to greet some of the athletes training at Newport Rowing Club, where I spend a great deal of my time coaching our junior section. A spur of the moment ride that, for some reason, left me feeling totally alive and exhilarated.
DSCF5080.JPG

Attachments

• RM10.jpg
    RM10.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF5079.JPG
    DSCF5079.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 23
  • RM20.jpg
    RM20.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 22
D

Deleted member 1258

Yes its always been a favourite holiday destination with us, we haven't been down for a while but but we've had some good family holidays there.

Top Bottom