feeling guilty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
That i am not going out on bike today. One the weather isnt all that good and two i am not feeling so good today. I keep thinking that if i go out i will feel better for it, but on the other hand going out when feeling ill i know i wont be able to do as much and that will annoy me !!!
Funny how one little sore throat can effect your whole body - i am so tired but the brain is still wanting to go out

Mo1959

Legendary Member
It's hard to know what to do for the best sometimes. On one hand taking a day off may stop your sore throat from progressing to something worse, but on the other hand, if you can just do a gentle 45 minutes to an hour without pushing yourself, the fresh air may also do you good. See, I have been no help at all :laugh:

I went out nice and early this morning as I knew our weather was to get worse too. It is now wind and rain here and I am just about to go out with the dog. Certainly wouldn't fancy cycling in it.

Just get out, you will be fine, as Mo says a gentle ride around will do you the world of good.
I never seem to get to ride in nice weather, besides get use to it it's the U.K. after all.;)

OP
OP
s7ephanie

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
Went out !! only for just over 30 mins as the rain came down and there was nowhere to shelter, so got home wet through for the second time today - took dogs out earlier and it rained
Nobody told me that brakes dont work in the wet !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went out !! only for just over 30 mins as the rain came down and there was nowhere to shelter, so got home wet through for the second time today - took dogs out earlier and it rained
Nobody told me that brakes dont work in the wet !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep them dry by applying every so often, glad you went out hough, hope you do feel better.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
from your other posts do not beat yourself up if you miss a day once and a while, i had a really bad cold about a month ago where i had to have time off work although i tried to keep riding and i am still not right after a month , i think if i had took a bit more recovery time i might have bounced back a bit faster.

I'm off my bike as well. I hate not being able to get out. I find myself wanting to get out, but knowing that it will only make me worse and prolong my recovery. I have not been well enough to even leave the house since Thursday last week (except for dr's & hospital), so wrap up and take care of yourself and plenty of fluids.... (PS - for me it is my legs that want to go out - they are hurting like anything, my head just wants sleep, my asthma and everything else are just not interested in anything, food included!)

Top Bottom