Feeling inspired...thanks to a book!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

I'm in the middle of a very good book at the moment.
Ranulph Fiennes 'Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know'
What a great book so far.....:tongue:
His achievements are stupendous......mind boggling really.

Arctic and Antarctica expeditions in amazingly low temperatures.

So having seen the forthcoming forecast for the weekend I decided not to go on the Turbo trainer tonight and save my energy for tomorrow as I'm going out on my Trek, wrapped up in suitable clothing and I'm going to cycle and enjoy it! Sod the rain, wind and whatever else mother nature wants to throw at me....Im going out!!!!!:biggrin:

stevenb said:
I'm in the middle of a very good book at the moment.
Ranulph Fiennes 'Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know'
What a great book so far.....:smile:
His achievements are stupendous......mind boggling really.

Arctic and Antarctica expeditions in amazingly low temperatures.

So having seen the forthcoming forecast for the weekend I decided not to go on the Turbo trainer tonight and save my energy for tomorrow as I'm going out on my Trek, wrapped up in suitable clothing and I'm going to cycle and enjoy it! Sod the rain, wind and whatever else mother nature wants to throw at me....Im going out!!!!!:biggrin:

Don't forget to tow some tyres behind you aka the Fiennes training method :tongue:

buggi

Bird Saviour
he cut his own fingers and toes off when they were dead from frostbite. xx( he got sick of waiting for the doctor to do it, so he did it with his own tools :sad:

Abitrary

I heard that he cut a good finger off in his haste.

But once again the doctor was busy, so he sowed it back on himself

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

:biggrin:
I dont really fancy losing any part of my anatomy......:biggrin:
Somehow I can't see our forecasted weather comparing to polar conditions....:biggrin:
Mind you......that film....'The Day After Tomorrow'......gets you thinking....;) :biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Crackle said:
Don't forget to tow some tyres behind you aka the Fiennes training method :angry:

A couple of years ago there was a dude in Hyde Park towing a tyre for a polar expedition. He really really annoyed the horse riders by doing it in the bridal path along the Serpentine Road, which quite amused me.

Top Bottom