Feeling stupid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bought some 7 speed microshift gear shifters on eBay, when they arrived they came complete with gear cables. I put them on my Raleigh pro race yesterday, cabled up the rear and found it didn't fit. I got another cable and measured it up against the other cable and they were the same size.
It took me an hour of puzzlement before I realised I was using the front cable ! I'm a cheapskate and buy my cables by the box - how was I supposed to know ? Lol

lutonloony

Über Member
I bought some 7 speed microshift gear shifters on eBay, when they arrived they came complete with gear cables. I put them on my Raleigh pro race yesterday, cabled up the rear and found it didn't fit. I got another cable and measured it up against the other cable and they were the same size.
It took me an hour of puzzlement before I realised I was using the front cable ! I'm a cheapskate and buy my cables by the box - how was I supposed to know ? Lol
Not as bad as thinking both gear cables were same length so cutting a load off the front cable before realising it was the rear :bravo:

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
I alway buy long ones...

Top Bottom