Feet shrinking ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My cycling shoes have become loose even with thicker socks , more in length than width which seems odd .I have put another really thin insole in the shoe underneath the originals to see if that helps but it feels more the length rather than width thats the issue .
Both shoes are a few years old and i generally have to size up anyway with wide feet .
Tried asking on a cycling facefluff page ( yea i know ) and they they couldnt understand that not everyone can go splash out or save for all singing and dancing carbon shoes so much so i will probably leave the group .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I would think the shoes material has stretched.

My cycling shoes have become loose even with thicker socks , more in length than width which seems odd .I have put another really thin insole in the shoe underneath the originals to see if that helps but it feels more the length rather than width thats the issue .
Both shoes are a few years old and i generally have to size up anyway with wide feet .
Tried asking on a cycling facefluff page ( yea i know ) and they they couldnt understand that not everyone can go splash out or save for all singing and dancing carbon shoes so much so i will probably leave the group .

Well it is getting colder now so it's a better problem to have than too tight shoes ?

Thicker insoles. Thicker socks. You could always put a tissue or something in the toe box if it's bothering you ,?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well it is getting colder now so it's a better problem to have than too tight shoes ?

Thicker insoles. Thicker socks. You could always put a tissue or something in the toe box if it's bothering you ,?

this is more than that, my heels are loose even with thick socks

Scottish Scrutineer

Über Member
this is more than that, my heels are loose even with thick socks

Have you lost weight, or changed any medication?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I bought an emergency pair of trainers in Aldi earlier this year (the boots i had on that day were literally crippling me). The trainers were also a tad too small lengthways, but better than the boots. Now though, those trainers are a perfect fit, having stretched through wearing them. I'm fairly sure my feet haven't shrunk.

alicat

Legendary Member
yes lost about 10% of my bodyweight over the last 9 months down to about 144 llbs atm

i think so , i wear loose work boots all day that i have to do up really tight on the laces now and home shoes do feel looser

You will have lost some of the volume off your feet when you lost weight. Sounds like you need narrower shoes now you have lost weight. Some insoles, the stiffer the better, will be cheaper than new shoes and boots.

Top Bottom