Feet shrinking ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
20 Mile test
Test with what? Thinner socks or a thinner insole could work well too.

presta

Guru
Oedema causes your feet to swell, and is worse in summer than winter, but if your shoes are several years old I'm not sure that would explain it unless the shoes were bought in summer, and you'd seen 'shrinking' in previous winters.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Test with what? Thinner socks or a thinner insole could work well too.

thicker insoles , i think you have it back to front :smile:
the thicker insoles stopped the heel rub but made the shoe too tight across the mid foot ,Took the extra out and rode home and i would rather have a bit of heel rub than numb feet :smile:

My cycling shoes have become loose even with thicker socks , more in length than width which seems odd .I have put another really thin insole in the shoe underneath the originals to see if that helps but it feels more the length rather than width thats the issue .
Both shoes are a few years old and i generally have to size up anyway with wide feet .
Tried asking on a cycling facefluff page ( yea i know ) and they they couldnt understand that not everyone can go splash out or save for all singing and dancing carbon shoes so much so i will probably leave the group .

Given that you've lost so much weight you might just have to bite the bullet and go get some new shoes. No need for carbon or anything fancy but if your shoes no longer fit - you would be better off getting some that do.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I'm sure you can get heal grips - see Amazon !

tried them, uncomfy :sad:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Given that you've lost so much weight you might just have to bite the bullet and go get some new shoes. No need for carbon or anything fancy but if your shoes no longer fit - you would be better off getting some that do.

im thinking that too , i have a smaller pair that i havent ridden yet i might try them for the next ride

Top Bottom