Fell off my bike last night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

worcester dan

No one else involved,:ohmy: going down a country road hit a branch of a tree that was in the road and went over the bars:blush:
Few grazes heavily bruised shoulder and hip but the bike is fine :smile:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
worcester dan said:
No one else involved,:ohmy: going down a country road hit a branch of a tree that was in the road and went over the bars:blush:

Phew - close one!
Seriously, glad you're okay WD :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
On a mountain bike you could easily have hopped it and in desperation probably on a road bike too but you'd need to be clipped to the pedals.

If you can't hop an obstacle at least try to loft the front wheel over it; the rear wheel will follow though you might get a pinch puncture. Better than falling off anyway.

grhm

Veteran
Whoops - on the plus side, no-one saw you do it and it sound like you've not done any lasting damage.

I'd second the thought that learning to bunny hop is a good idea. I've learnt how to (whilst clipped in - not sure I could on flats), and have hopped a few times over kerbs and badly repaired roadwork trenches. Comes in handy.

Jim_Noir

Dan, don't be telling the wife this happned every night xx(

And it's good to get your first fall out the way I think

Helly79

worcester dan said:
No one else involved,:blush: going down a country road hit a branch of a tree that was in the road and went over the bars:blush:

ekk poor you was anyone around to help you? I had something like that happen two weeks ago but it was a pot hole. my knees were cut to shreds and I was on my own. It was sweet of your wife to look after you when you got home. My hubby was really worried when i came in with holes in my three qtrs and blood every where, i was in fits of laughter.
I hope you are not to achy!

Top Bottom