Felt F4 Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gtyrney

Good morning. I'm looking to upgrade my current bike with this one, but I'm inexperienced with pricing used bikes. Can anyone speak to the value of this Felt F4? It is being offered for $1000 and seems to be a good value. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20200302-094435_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200302-094727_Facebook.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
How old is it? What groupset (full Ultegra or just the cranks?)

Sounds a lot for a used bike - do you know what the retail was new...depending on age, I doubt I'd pay more than 50% of new

OP
OP
G

gtyrney

It's a full Ultrgra. He doesn't know the model year, but bought it brand new approximately 2 years ago. From what I could research, the retail was between $2300-2700. I could be wrong. He also added the carbon wheels and tubeless tires.

vickster

Legendary Member
It's a full Ultrgra. He doesn't know the model year, but bought it brand new approximately 2 years ago. From what I could research, the retail was between $2300-2700. I could be wrong. He also added the carbon wheels and tubeless tires.
You should be able to google and figure out the year from spec and colour. Or does he have the receipt from the original purchase (did he buy new?)

Wheels and tyres once fitted are not worth what was paid - depends if you want them (personally I'd sell those wheels on asap as they don't appeal to me, then I'm not a racing cyclist :smile: ) and tyres are just a consumable

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've formed the impression from reading a few posts on here that used bikes in the USA fetch more than they do over here.

Depreciation in the UK is savage.

One of the handful of American CycleChat members might be able to advise.

Top Bottom