Felt f75 or z85 with 105

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
From what I can see, the only difference (besides price £599or£664) is race frame vs endurance.

Has anyone tried both and did you buy either? I've decided now is the time to buy and my sub £700 budget has put these against the Giant Defy 1 when equipped with 105. I know all are available in lower spec but for not much less money.

Cheers, Kev

Drago

Legendary Member
In got a Z85, currently £499 in Wiggle. The Z85 is now a Tiagra 10 speed, but at sub 500 sheets it was too good to resist.

I blagged rides on a Defy 2 and a Ribble road frame with a mix of Tiagra and 105, and preferred the Felt out of the three. I was astonished at how good the ride quality was for an alloy frame. The Defy is good, very good, but the Felt frame is a cut above.

And at risk of hundreds of indignant posts, the Ribble wasn't all that.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sorry, I am talking bollocks, as usual. It's the F85 I've just.acquired. That'll teach me to read posts properly.

I shall report to the Mods for punishment & political realignment.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My mate had an F95 sora ? delivered today for under £400 . Shop display from wiggle and it had one tiny mark on it .

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Thanks drago, how did you find the sizing? I'm 5'9" with a 31 inside leg so was going for the 54cm.

I'm wanting to go with 105 group set hence the f75, and thinking I'd be fine with the racier frame do to the Peugeot Reynolds frame and the fact it's a 52cm frame which is a tad on the small side

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm a hair under 6'4", went for the 61cm. It's a lovely riding position for me in that size, not pulled down too hard at the shoulders.

OP
OP
Kevoffthetee

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I think I'll get the 54cm f75 with 105 then. At £599 it's a steal and all I have to do is fit the front wheel and handlebars then tune up the gears.

Top Bottom