Felt lightweight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rex

Regular
I'm looking for a road bike and might just be able to stretch my budget to the Felt F95. I can buy it for around £480 . Are there any other competitors in this field ( Up to this price) and has anyone owned this bike who's willing to share their experience . I see there's talk of kevlar tyres as an option . Are the supplied ones likely to puncture a lot as my lanes are pretty stony ?.

D

Deleted member 20519

I would think that the Specialized Allez would be the main competitor, I suggest you try them both out.

Virtually all stock tyres are pretty poor TBH, it's an easy area for manufacturers to save money, (along with wheels and finishing kit).

Continental Gatorskins are excellent tyres for puncture protection, but it's also vital to keep your tyre pressures up as well. A soft tyre is much more prone to pinch punctures than one correctly inflated :thumbsup:

Cyclist33

Try-before-you-buy! {Mantra}

But I had a Felt Z last year, equivalent to what you mentioned though more relaxed ride. It wasnt the right bike for me but it was very good. £480 sounds like a bloody good deal.

The Felt Speed all-weather tyres that came with the z100 were really good, obviously not the lightest tyre you could possilby have, but smooth and fast and puncture resistant, and a sweet logo ^_^ If you're getting Vittorias, they're also fine.

Stu

OP
OP
Rex

Rex

Regular
Thanks to all for your'e input . Tyre info interesting and helpful . Will keep you posted on developments . Rex.

OP
OP
Rex

Rex

Regular
It should come with Vittoria tyres. I'm just buying the bike as a 'leasure' ride . They say the supplied pedals are poor . I'm totaly lost on the pedal/footwear area . Suggestions for someone on a pensioner budget (LOW) would be helpful .

D

Deleted member 20519

It should come with Vittoria tyres. I'm just buying the bike as a 'leasure' ride . They say the supplied pedals are poor . I'm totaly lost on the pedal/footwear area . Suggestions for someone on a pensioner budget (LOW) would be helpful .

Are you wanting to go clipless (clipped), toe clips (use any shoes) or flat pedals (use any shoe, no clips)?

OP
OP
Rex

Rex

Regular
Hi I think toe clips would possibly be the best choice as I will often walk around being a keen photographer . Would welcome recommendations as to which make/type to buy .

OP
OP
Rex

Rex

Regular
Felt F95. First trip out on bike this morning . Love it . Just like to declare I'm taking Lanzoprazol and Neoclarytyn so if I'm placed in the Tour next year at least it will all be 'up front' ("what at sixty eight" they chuckled). Going to take some time to get leg muscles(obviously not the same as walking ones)and bum in shape but no rush .

Top Bottom