Felt Z5 vs Specialized Roubaix SL4 vs Nothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JMAG

Über Member
I've been holding out for a cycle to work bike, but I'm not sure when I'll get the go ahead and therefore whether to keep waiting and miss out on a bargain.

Option 1. Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport (105) on C2W. Specifically an ex demo bike from LBS @ £1000. This option is somewhat academic as it depends on work.

Option 2. Buy a Felt Z6 (Tiagra) myself from Wiggle @ £838 on interest free finance, put my 105 5800 groupset on and sell the Tiagra groupset. This would effectively become a cheap Felt Z5 costing £838 + £270 (105 groupset) - £100 from selling Tiagra groupset = £1008

Option 3 stick with my 2009 BMC Streetfire SSX build with 105 5800 groupset.

If buying the Felt, I would put my old Claris groupset on the BMC and keep it as a winter bike. I would also swap wheels for the Campy Sciroccos on my BMC.

If the Roubaix comes in to play, it will have the advantage of a lifetime frame warranty vs the Felt 2 year warranty. I've tried both bikes out, they both fit well and I don't have a favourite in terms of aesthetics.

specialized_roubaix_sl4_sport_rutlandcycling.jpg

felt_bicycles_z6_eu.jpg

20150819_143045.jpg

Cyclist33

Sell them all and buy an enormous quantity of biscuits.

Seriously how can anyone tell you what your own decision should be?!

My instinct says get the felt.

OP
OP
JMAG

JMAG

Über Member
I know, ridiculous ain't it, yet it happens all the time here :smile:

What I'm really asking is whether to hold out for the Roubaix with a great frame warranty and possibly miss out on the Felt deal leaving me with my BMC or just get the Felt and miss out on the C2W savings.

Top Bottom