Female cyclist back after 20 years, looking at bikes, need help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sibaldib

There was a group test in (I think) Cycle Active last month or the one before on female specific road bikes.

The Specialized Dolce (Secteur equivalent) came out very well.

Cheers

Sib

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
thistler said:
Thanks mcshroom - I'll look into that!!! Is that Specialized Allez 16 a decent bike?

I'm happy with it after doing a 50 mile ride this weekend.

Came top of a £500 road bike survey in Cycling Active, but they said that the Trek was just as good, and another day and another set of reviewers would put it first.

e-rider

crappy member
one lesson to learn from online bike shops is that many don't have the stock they claim to have; as you have just found out. You can spot them a mile off because they will claim to have every size available of last years stock - that simply isn't going to happen!

OP
OP
thistler

thistler

Veteran
one lesson to learn from online bike shops is that many don't have the stock they claim to have; as you have just found out.  You can spot them a mile off because they will claim to have every size available of last years stock - that simply isn't going to happen!
Yeah, I spent a couple of hours calling around to see if anyone had a 2009/2010 Dolce in stock in my size..... only 1 shop had one and it was out of my price range. They all said the 2011's wouldn't be available until the end of August, i looked and they are more expensive, with lower specs. Going to have to start all over again!!!   :rolleyes: 

Top Bottom