Female cyclists, tell me about your experiences finding a bike to suit your needs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kayla_L

Hello all!

I’m fairly new to cycling and bought my first proper road bike early this year. I'm lucky enough to live not far from some great biking hills near Manchester. I really love cycling but found I struggled to find the right bike for my measurements as well as a few other mechanical issues related to brake levers, large handlebars etc for small hands such as mine.

I’m currently undertaking a course in user experience where I’ve been asked to explore a problem area i'm passionate about. Admittedly my mechanical knowledge wasn't great but I did find it hard to find the right bike for my short stature along with a few other issues. I was curious to know about other womens experiences when it comes to finding information, buying a bike and mechanics/amendments that they may or may not have to make. I'm looking to develop something that may cater for some of the pain points you may face as female cyclists.

With this in mind, I would be super grateful if some of you could spare 5 minutes of your day to answer a few questions for me on the below link? Please also feel free to leave further comments below on anything else that comes to mind regarding difficulties you've found finding a bike to suit your needs.

https://forms.gle/9M4sRGcm9PD2PEFL9

***Please note this is just for my use, this is completely anonymous unless you wish to provide an email for further contact***

Last edited:
Top Bottom