Fences, neighbours and responses !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Mr Pig said:
The high fence between us and our neighbour blew down about three years ago. I took away the old planks and rotten posts. My neighbour put in new posts and bought a big pile of new planks. I put the new planks on and stained the whole fence on both sides.

We didn't agree or work this out before hand. We both just saw tasks that we could do and went out and did them. We tend to do that about everything, he put in a new tarmac drive, I put my boots on and help him. Everyone is happy.

Are you shagging him?

Brains

Legendary Member
The 'rule' about fence posts, not sure of it's legal status, but it is certainly accepted practice. The owner of the fence has the posts on his side.

The 'pretty' side is for the outside.

If a fence is erected back to front, then either you could ask for it to be changed, or as it would appear to now be your fence, you change it yourself !

If you look down a row of terraced gardens you should see that all the fence posts are on the same side, typically all the fences on the right are owned by the house, fences on the left are next doors

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Just ask next door what is wrong with your erection skills and choice. How can there be any back chat to that?
If they moan, tell them to sort out the erection next time.
;)

Top Bottom