Ferguson 3367 Radiogram with Garrards 6.200C Turntable.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No idea if this has any value TBH, but it seems criminal to tip it.

If any audiophiles on here can advise on any value, (or not), then please let me know.

It turns on when plugged in and the tuner lights up, but that's as much of a test as I've given it.

It's advertised elsewhere as being for parts as I'm unable to test it, and I'm not skilled to fettle it with anything it might need.

Anyone fancy a project?

505638 505639 505640 505641 505642

505643 505644 505645 505646

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow. What a beauty. If I had the space I Would have it off you in a heartbeat.
My old man used to have similar when I was a kid, as did a lot of households at the time.

Give it a clean up and put it on the Bay and I'm sure you'll get a decent penny for it

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A real rave from the sixties grave. I can remember 'twisting' around the radiogram back then.
I'm sure a retro aficionado would snap it up.
If it's not working likely need a new valve or two.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think that the parents of a friend of mine in my early teens had one of them, or something very similar. We used to play our Jimi Hendrix albums LOUD (well, loud-ish) on it, until his folks'd had enough and put a stop to it.

Why does it have two 33 rpm settings?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I think that the parents of a friend of mine in my early teens had one of them, or something very similar. We used to play our Jimi Hendrix albums LOUD (well, loud-ish) on it, until his folks'd had enough and put a stop to it.

Why does it have two 33 rpm settings?
Old players had 33 and 33&3rd. I can't remember why so will have to Google.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@ColinJ I seem to remember there were 33rpm singles, hence the 7 and 12 for inches? Something to do with the auto mechanism.
Yep. That's it. look at the pics you can see 7 by one 33 and 12 by the other 33
Ah - I didn't think of clicking on the picture to get a closer look! I don't remember those 7" 33 rpm records.

I have played a 78 rpm record recently though. I went to visit my sister and she had got hold of a wind-up gramophone from somewhere, plus a box of records. It still works! I was surprised by how loud it was.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
It’s a lovely thing, although a bit modern for my collection :whistle:. I’m glad you’re not local to me, otherwise I’d be sorely tempted.
If it's not working likely need a new valve or two.
I’m pretty sure it will be all transistor. The 3360 is, I think.
The capacitors tend to dry out with age too but that won't be an obstacle for a hardened retro hi-fi nut.
Just so. Looks like a decent but straightforward project for someone, and a real shame to skip it. You could do worse than offer it via this forum.

Congrats for not binning it smokey
Sure brings back memories for me.
Surprised colin could annoy anyone with it as i always remember them being on permanent low. But then my gran wasn't an acid head.
Wouldn't be surprised if shoreditch hipsters would go for it.
Or just flog it on here.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not a quality unit, the older ones would have had a much better Garrard deck and possibly a Valve Amplifier, basically that's a step up from a Dansette but not much of one.
Quality HiFi from the 60s would have been the QUAD 33/303, Leak, Radford etc but they'd have cost about the same as a car back then.
I still use a pair of 1967 Quad 303 poweramps but with a much later Pre-Amp/Control Unit,

But the old 33 still works, its just that after 50yrs the selecter switches aren't that reliable but the poweramps are still fantastic.

Note. One of the Poweramps is from about 1969 the other (paler) one is from around 1972.

Top Bottom