Festivals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surfgurl

Is anyone going to any festivals this summer?
I'm going to Glastonbury, Sunrise, Brampton Live and maybe some more.
Shall I get a cyclechat jersey to wear?

If you're not going to any festivals, have you been to some in previous years? What's your best memory?

Bigtallfatbloke

Castle Monsters of Rock Donnington each year in the '80s.

Got tickets for Radio 1's Big Weekend last year, it was fab!!! Especially as it was gloriously sunny after raining for 2 weeks non-stop before! Nobody trusted it, we were all wearing funky wellies...

TVC

I've done the festivals in Hyde Park over the past couple of years. Last year The White Stripes headlined, - the sound quality was awful and the place seemed to be populated by office girls who found the music really irritating because they could hardly hear themselves shouting to their mates on their mobile.:smile:

If the weather is good I enjoy festivals, but for the same reason I don't own a MTB, I don't get on with mud.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I had a great time playing and working at festivals in the 90's and feel I need never go to another festival again.

Anyway James Blunt is playing Glastonbury so I don't need too much warning off.:smile:;)

I have always been attracted to the 'idea' of festivals like Glastonbury (great bands, new experiences etc), but could never get past the concept of using a carrier bag as a toilet or being in the company of almost 200,000 people who haven't washed their hands for days.

That and the fact that - I too - do not get on with mud has prevented me from ever attending any such thing.

I do attend the Castleward Opera festival every year, but that is much more civilised - I only have to worry about pissed-up drivers heading home afterwards!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
surfgurl said:
Is anyone going to any festivals this summer?
I'm going to Glastonbury, Sunrise, Brampton Live and maybe some more.
Shall I get a cyclechat jersey to wear?

If you're not going to any festivals, have you been to some in previous years? What's your best memory?

Only if it rains and we see the photos :smile: :biggrin:

OP
OP
S

surfgurl

I think I'll be avoiding James Blunt at Glastonbury. Not my idea of a good time. Likewise that Jay-cloth bloke.
We could have a spot the cyclechat jersey competition. You lot can watch the BBC footage of Glastonbury and look out for me in the background shots wearing the jersey.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
dmoan said:
I do attend the Castleward Opera festival every year, but that is much more civilised - I only have to worry about pissed-up drivers heading home afterwards!

I've seen the Blue Peter road show at Castleward ... does that count.... :smile:

For me I hate the crowds at all the big events and the fact it takes about 2 days to leave ... if it was just me, a few mates and the festival - that would be good.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Not many years ago I took my daughters to the Hyde-Park "Party in the park" thing, it was great, Busted head-lined and we all dressed-up in school-boy clothes and took a placard (I got some funny looks on the tube). We also did a few local -radio events like that too. Now my eldest has tickets to Reading to see the Killers... and I'm too old to rock and roll, too young to die...

Top Bottom