Festive season TV. Anything you are looking forward to.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Currently sitting through Lego Batman Movie

Surprisingly I am enjoying it. His acting isn't as stiff as Ben Afflick's

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just watching the Mel and Sue and Mary Berry Christmas dinner.
The trees are still in full leaf so must have been filmed in autumn.

I hadn't looked, but this thread prompted me to have a gander at what's on tomorrow; looks like I'll have Ch5 on as they have a load of musicals and younger Marmionette is a huge fan.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The first of the Royal Society Christmas lectures is on Boxing Day night on BBC Four.

Quite fancy a look at that, not least as I shall be back in my brother's holiday lodge enjoying some much needed peace and quiet after family festivities.

A bit of telly and a turkey sandwich will both go down a treat.

pawl

Legendary Member
What is that about?

Cyclists escaping the family and doing a metric 100

User269

You beat me to it!

I am currently working my way through Mad Men on Netflix and that will continue until I finish all 7 series.

My sister recommended Witnesses which is available HERE on iPlayer, but I have just noticed that the first 2 episodes are being taken off tomorrow night so I will watch those tonight. (Well, I'll watch the first one and decide whether to continue.)

As usual, I have 40 or 50 different programmes on my PVR waiting to be watched, but there is no hurry.

I'll skim through the listings for the next couple of days this evening and set the PVR to record anything that I want to watch.

I very rarely watch live TV now. Even the Channel 4 news is watched via PVR so I can get through the 20-30 minutes that I want to watch in 21-31 minutes rather than the 55 minutes it takes to broadcast them. Any programme slot on a channel with advertising has about 1/3 filled with ads so the PVR is used to avoid them.

We reckon we're set up for a couple of hours nightly now until May 2023, provided we don't add anything else.

D

Deleted member 1258

The only TV I've watched over Xmas has been Victoria, caught up with that on the ITV Hub earlier on, very good.

Top Bottom