Festive season TV. Anything you are looking forward to.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Really!
We saw the trailers for Maigret and thought "no thanks".
My Bro has seen it and tells me its V Good........what am I missing here? (Serious question)

I am a fan of the original Maigret with whatshisphysog. I like old-fashioned detective stories, where they use their grey cells, and do not have computers. Strangely I did not like Mr Bean, so I am not used to the main character in a different role.

vickster

Legendary Member
Shaun the sheep movie...Boxing Day lunchtime...excellent fun...appreciate how it's made without CGI
Carols from Kings, today at 5.45

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am a fan of the original Maigret with whatshisphysog. I like old-fashioned detective stories, where they use their grey cells, and do not have computers. Strangely I did not like Mr Bean, so I am not used to the main character in a different role.
I am with you on that......I have fond memories of the old Maigret.
Now I did enjoy Mr Bean.....maybe thats why I cant "see him" as a serious Maigret.

User269

People still watch live TV??

Coming up on our HDR;
Christmas University Challenge
Not Going Out
300 Years of French & Saunders
Two Doors Down
A Hard Day's Night
Feud: Bette and Joan
Upstart Crow

........and more. And that's before you even look at Netflix.

"There's nothing on TV" is so anachronistic.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Really looking forward to watching the rugby local derbies - shame I can't make any of them though

Other than that, it's a full week of,,,

Britain's <BLANK>iest <BLANK>
The Nations Favorite <BLANK>
<BLANK>s Do the Funniest Things
When <BLANK>s Attack
<BLANK> sent me to the ER
Ross Kemp on <BLANK>s
<BLANK>, Camera, Action.
It Was Alright In The <BLANK>'s

Replace <BLANK> with appropriate word (usually something that rhymes)

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Jurassic World on Boxing Day. I'm a bit of a sucker for "oh one, the dinosaurs have escaped, gosh darn" films.

Not a patch on the first - AKA "The bad leg film"

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There's nothing on TV" is so anachronistic.
Would you prefer "there's little available for streaming that I want to watch"? It's true. Doctor Who, Christmas University Challenge, World's Strongest Man. Then I begin to lose inspiration - I've already seen most of what I can be bothered to catch up on.

Not really seen the scheduling yet, but there maybe one or two programmes??
I'm sure I'll find something like 'Star-Trek Next Generation', M*A*S*H, Diesel Brothers, or Fast n Loud
That said 'BlackAdders Christmas Carol' is on, & if the Patrick Stewart version is on, I may watch/record that

Shaun the sheep movie...Boxing Day lunchtime...excellent fun...appreciate how it's made without CGI
Carols from Kings, today at 5.45
Farmers Llamas was on today
Daughter is recording the concert, so she can critique (she's a Senior Chorister, in the local Cathedral Choir)

There HAS to be a Father Ted special on somewhere over the holis
Think it was on the other evening
A Christmassy Ted
With the Worlds largest Lingerie department, & the attempt to steal Teds Golden Cleric award

Really!
We saw the trailers for Maigret and thought "no thanks".
My Bro has seen it and tells me its V Good........what am I missing here? (Serious question)

I watched the trailer, and I couldn't understand a single word of the dialogue. As that is probably important to the story, I will give it a miss......

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People still watch live TV??

{a list of shows}

........and more. And that's before you even look at Netflix.

"There's nothing on TV" is so anachronistic.
You beat me to it!

I am currently working my way through Mad Men on Netflix and that will continue until I finish all 7 series.

My sister recommended Witnesses which is available HERE on iPlayer, but I have just noticed that the first 2 episodes are being taken off tomorrow night so I will watch those tonight. (Well, I'll watch the first one and decide whether to continue.)

As usual, I have 40 or 50 different programmes on my PVR waiting to be watched, but there is no hurry.

I'll skim through the listings for the next couple of days this evening and set the PVR to record anything that I want to watch.

I very rarely watch live TV now. Even the Channel 4 news is watched via PVR so I can get through the 20-30 minutes that I want to watch in 21-31 minutes rather than the 55 minutes it takes to broadcast them. Any programme slot on a channel with advertising has about 1/3 filled with ads so the PVR is used to avoid them.

gavgav

Guru
Christmas TV has been going down the pan for years and this one looks the worst so far. I’ve thumbed through the TV Weekly “Special” and have found 1 thing that I want to watch.........Dr Who (which the Christmas special is normally a let down as well!!)

Tin Pot

Guru
The Santa Claus
Frozen
The Snowman
Elf
Dads Army
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

All recording, don’t think I’ll see much on schedule.

And I’ll try to see the Queens Speech for the first time in my life.

Top Bottom