Feve / Renfe trains Northern Spain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I spent quite a bit of time online trying to work out how the west east slow train Ferrol to Santander works.
The advice there re booking, is conflicting.
But the timetable is accurate.

It's my understanding that Feve have been taken over by Renfe.
Just to complicate matters perhaps

But this is my experience so far..

You can't buy a ticket in advance.. You buy at station.. And the machine is cash only..

It's October so there aren't any other cyclists, but I think there would be room for plenty more bikes.

You don't have to dismantle your bike
(as is the case if you go on the faster trains I believe )

It's going to take me best part of two days to get back to Santander for the ferry, with a stopover in Oviedo which is supposedly very nice. but the pace is OK by me.
I love trains

Capacious bike accomodation

View from the train :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Ace ride, I have used it many times hopping on and off with my bike, the longest trip was Gijon to Bilbao, beautiful scenery in Asturias.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yes it's great so far..

I've got Oviedo - Santander on Wed morning.

So will one ticket let you ride the whole line whilst getting on and off.. Or do you just pay each hop??

Oviedo is a very nice city.
I took the Feve train when my cycling was truncated by illness. I took the bike on the train to explore the seaside towns.
Luarca is cool, it had a squid museum.

MarkF

Guru
Yes it's great so far..

I've got Oviedo - Santander on Wed morning.

So will one ticket let you ride the whole line whilst getting on and off.. Or do you just pay each hop??

I bought a one- way ticket once, Bilbao to Gijon & got on and off with no problems like date restrictions.

Have you had to change lines yet? I am sure l changed somewhere near Oviedo and that was the start of the most beautiful part of the West to East trip.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It was straight through Ferrol to Oviedo.

But you might have to change with some trains that run later in the day, as there is a Gijon branch off this line..

Always pays to check the timetable..

Top Bottom