Fibre Flare - blue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I spoke to EXTRAUK at the bike show they were only importing red.

Blue is (technically) illegal in the UK, so may not be imported for this reason. YOu could contact them:

Extra (UK) Ltd.
P.O. Box 101
Wellingborough
Northants
NN8 6ZZ

Orders: orders@extrauk.co.uk

Customer service: service@extrauk.co.uk

Enquiries: mailbox@extrauk.co.uk

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Interesting that they reportedly are not being imported as I was mooching around a big Tescos other evening & found some sparx

TireSparx.gif

In blue...

They are highly effective - ive put it on the back wheel as I fear the flashing and spinning of the blue light, on the front, will mesmerise me and I'll fall off !

That blue light REALLY gets cardrivers attention bigtime for obvious reason/s !

Attachments

• TireSparx.gif
    TireSparx.gif
    61.6 KB · Views: 27

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Blue isn't available even in the US until Christmas time, I emailed fibre flare direct. You might be able to import from there around then.

02GF74

Über Member
eh?!?!?!?!?! Do I deduce correctly that these are flashing LED valve caps? presumably only for shraeder (car typ) valves?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

02GF74 - Thats right, Ive got a shraeder to presta convertor and screw the sparx light onto the convertor then screw that to the presta valve :biggrin:

I'm gonna get another convertor if I put both on the bike, for t'other wheel.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

The only thing about these is the fact they flash it'd be good if they had 2 modes:flash/constant..as constant would be better esp. as it wouldn't mesmerise you soo much ! if on the front.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Yen,
Also illegal in flashing blue...be prepared to pay £30 every time plod stop you!

Grimbeard

Cunobelin said:
Blue is (technically) illegal in the UK

How sure are you about this? Flashing blue is illegal but are we certain that solid blue is? I see plenty of trucks with blue xmas tree lights on the front, plenty of cars with blue lights on their windscreen wipers, etc. Any lawyers on here (I don't start my law course until February)?

P.S. I e-mailed Fibre Flare HQ and they say the UK importers haven't ordered anything but red tail-lights, but that Italy and Spain have ordered the side lights and should have them by the end of the year.

Grim

Bman

Guru
Yeah I’m not 100% on this either....

Watching one of those "Road Wars" programmes last night, the coppers were immediately annoyed by an oncoming car with a blue tint to his headlights.

They quickly discussed what they were going to pull him for and concluded with "Well we can always ticket him for not operating his lights correctly" or something on those lines. As it happens the driver was unlicensed and uninsured so his car was towed. Nothing else mentioned about his blue headlights

Would the offence be "impersonating an officer" because I can’t really see a court convicting a cyclist with blue flashing dust caps as "impersonating an officer".
Ok, if he was also wearing the uniform…..

Saying this, I dont think its a good idea. You *would* notice a difference in driver behaviour! Blue flashing lights mean an emergency vehicle is near. I dont think I want drivers taking evasive (perhaps panicked manoeuvres) close to me on my bike!

Top Bottom