Fibre Flare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Boo.........mine are dead....

One of the pair failed last week - water ingress into the switch - caused mild corrosion - despite cleaning up, they failed again a few days later. Dried unit out, no good.

Went back to Wiggle, promptly dealt with, but no stock, and none expected for a while - money refunded ! Looks like lots of places are out of stock.

Do watch out - make sure the switched section is towards the top, just in-case water get's in.

Felt a bit vulnerable from the side, so on went two spare Smart Superflashes on the rucksack.....think I'll stick with them now, rather then spend another £50-£60 on a set.

Bit disapointed, and certainly feel the switches are pretty rubbish.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Hmmm I do worry about water breaches doing a fair bit in the wet and dark. Suppose it depends how much of a soaking did they get over the 6 months?

dav1d

Unfortunately, Mine have developed a problem lately. the tube thing keeps popping out, scared of losing it, going to put sellotape on it to make sure it doesn't do it again, but it's not good!

OP
OP
garrilla

garrilla

The construction is a bit weak. I keep making a mental note to have a look at securing them (gaffer or duct prob) and seeing if I can make them a little more waterproof. No time like the present I suppose...

Top Bottom