Fiido D2S or non electric Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yoho oy

Looking at 2 options. One is electric Fiido D2S, seems good reviews, quite cheap for electric bike, but decent product or Brompton B75.

Fiido seems better at price, but the longevity is questionable. Anyone had these for long term? Any issues? Any other suggestions of folding small size and not too heavy e-bike?

Brompton B75 needs at least mudguards to make it functional for me, but it seems it might last a decade or so. Now this one - pedaling is on me... But I like how neat it folds, how little space it takes and general transportability.

Don't suggest electric brompton. I think it is not implemented very well (like afterthought - adding electric motor to previously petrol fueled car) and it is way too expensive for my taste. I would prefer electric bike designed from the beginning to be electric.

CXRAndy

Guru
Looking at 2 options. One is electric Fiido D2S, seems good reviews, quite cheap for electric bike, but decent product or Brompton B75.

Fiido seems better at price, but the longevity is questionable. Anyone had these for long term? Any issues? Any other suggestions of folding small size and not too heavy e-bike?

Brompton B75 needs at least mudguards to make it functional for me, but it seems it might last a decade or so. Now this one - pedaling is on me... But I like how neat it folds, how little space it takes and general transportability.

Don't suggest electric brompton. I think it is not implemented very well (like afterthought - adding electric motor to previously petrol fueled car) and it is way too expensive for my taste. I would prefer electric bike designed from the beginning to be electric.

I was going to recommend the GoCycle....

but looking at the two models you mentioned, these are budget end of the range.

OP
OP
Y

yoho oy

I was going to recommend the GoCycle....

but looking at the two models you mentioned, these are budget end of the range.
Well it is a bike after all, not a motorcycle (speaking about electric one). I just cannot justify spending so much money on a bike.

CXRAndy

Guru
Well it is a bike after all, not a motorcycle (speaking about electric one). I just cannot justify spending so much money on a bike.
It is, but you could be sorely disappointed if they didn't live upto expectations.

The budget end can be a minefield of poor quality items cobbled together, creating a bad performing item.

The ebike version you listed, will not have anything like the range or power you might expect. I have an 840Whr battery on my ebike, it requires a flat route and minimum setting to achieve 40-50 miles range. A hilly route you can be looking 30 miles or less

Have you considered the Fiido D11

Bigger wheels, better range

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

yoho oy

Need something relatively small and foldable. Light bike preferable, because I will have to carry it up and down stairs. I think I am leaning Brompton.

Top Bottom