Film Reccomendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Watched Romanzo Criminale last night if you like gangster films its a must see.
A twisting plots shows how egos grow and the problems they bring coupled with retribution for misdoings. At two and a half hours its just about right lengthwise to tell its story. The fact that its in Italian with english subtitles adds something to the proceedings.

girofan

Hey, mondobongo. Ever seen "Riffifi"? A French film in monochrome from the early fifties. It's about a robbery and nearly the whole film is acted in silence with a short stab of dialogue.
Probably looks a bit old fashioned now, but worth a look if you're into foreign films! ;)

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
No not seen it, just had a look see on Wiki will try and get hold of a copy it looks interesting.

SamNichols

I've been meaning to see Romanzo Criminale for a while now, I believe it's on my list of films from the dvd sendy website thingummy, so should see it soon. This week I am going to see the final cut of bladerunner in the cinema. Looking forward to that a great deal.
I also watched The Constant Gardener, which I have seen twice before. The only problem with it is that the politics of it is basically yelled at you: "Drugs are bad. mmmkay? Get out of Africa, mmmmkay?" Apart from that it is an awesome film. I enjoy the fact that the key character is dead from the beginning, and we only ever see her through flashback: Ralph Fiennes does an excellent job as a man whose life is torn apart for reasons that he doesn't understand (and that he comes to understand as the film progresses). It has a devastating ending, and I cried a wee bit throughout.

Top Bottom