Films you have never watched?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Most of them.

Any butchering remake of a classic film

Assault on Precinct 13
Wicker man

(... and slightly OT - The Prisoner on TV)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Surely, even for the most avid cinema goer, there are still more films in the world that you haven't seen than those you have... so we this could be a very, very long and boring thread!

I'm more interested in 'big' films that people have deliberately avoided seeing (like Avatar), and why... in my case Forrest Gump, because I know I will just absolutely hate it - I can't stand schmaltzy American wish-fulfilment crap - and end up shouting at the screen.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I never saw Avatar until last night because I hate animations - too may years of watching Disney films with my kids. But in the end I relented and what a great film.

potsy

Rambler
Shaun said:
I never saw Avatar until last night because I hate animations - too may years of watching Disney films with my kids. But in the end I relented and what a great film.
I actually quite enjoy the new breed of animated films,some are very cleverly written and can be enjoyed by all ages.My reasons for not at first wanting to watch Avatar were more because of all the hype about it,but have to say I was impressed even in 2D on a 28inch screen:smile:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Shaun said:
I hate animations

Blimey, that's a bit of a sweeping statement. Try a bit of Studio Ghibli stuff from Japan... from the serious (anti-)war narrative of Grave of the Fireflies through the eco-fantasy of Princess Mononoke (a clear 'influence' on Avatar BTW) to the gentle kid's stuff like My Neighbour Totoro. Oh, and they are all hand-painted and no CGI in sight...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Shaun said:
I hate animations

I love animation - Fleischer, Halas and Batchelor, Svankmajer, Termite terrace, Tex Avery, Bakshi, any number of independent and major studios all over the world dating back to the start of cinema. There's some fantastic work being produced out there.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Bond said:
The Godfathers, never fancied them.

That's just daft. The Godfather WAS the greatest film ever made but was eventually knocked into second place overall, where it still remains, by, guess what? Go on, have a guess! Yes, correct, Godfather II. Many years ago, the BBC did something clever and obtained some deleted scenes and cobbled together the entire story of both films and the newly discovered stuff in chronological order. Absolutely sublime. Enhance your life. Watch them both!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
PaulB said:
The Godfather WAS the greatest film ever made but was eventually knocked into second place overall, where it still remains, by, guess what? Go on, have a guess! Yes, correct, Godfather II.

I don't think there's many lists would have them as the best ever, good as they are*. The one exception, I think, was Empire magazine's listing.

Citizen Kane
generally tops critics' polls, and fans' polls tend to be biased to the Star Wars / LoTR end of things, or sometimes The Shawshank Redemption (for those with more 'sophisticated' by not 'arty' tastes!).

Sight and Sound's 2002 poll had The Godfather films in 4th:

1. Citizen Kane
2. Vertigo
3. The Rules of the Game
4. The Godfather and The Godfather Part II
5. Tokyo Story
6. 2001: A Space Odyssey
7. The Battleship Potemkin
8. Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
9. 8½
10. Singin' in the Rain

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Flying_Monkey said:
Surely, even for the most avid cinema goer, there are still more films in the world that you haven't seen than those you have... so we this could be a very, very long and boring thread!

I'm more interested in 'big' films that people have deliberately avoided seeing (like Avatar), and why... in my case Forrest Gump, because I know I will just absolutely hate it - I can't stand schmaltzy American wish-fulfilment crap - and end up shouting at the screen.

True but basically this is more about films I avoid....and I haven't seen Forest Gump either.:rolleyes:

Only film I have seen in that list is number 6 in the cinema many years ago...

I always said I was never going to watch Three and Out but I did through curiosity...

Buster when it came out I couldn't handle it at the time due to the bloke selling flowers outside Waterloo Station...Always was in my mind what happened to the train driver.(allegedly)

Watched it last night and found it interesting...seeing it from the other side...

Top Bottom