Filtering?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think you should have been in primary position there, Pete, which would have blocked the cabbie. That or waited behind the cabbie, but still in primary position. Don't leave the door open or they will take the tiniest gap they think they can get away with.

Tynan

Veteran
some posters are ignoring the fact that the lead car at least was indicating left, sometimes it'll be a left hand turn lane too, ASLs are cool as long as you can get to them and take a good position in time

JamesAC

Like what DomTyler said.

Very often I don't bother filtering, even if there is an ASL at the front. Nine times out of ten it's full of car anyway, and if it isn't I'm just holding up cars for no purpose: they will come screaming after me and overtaking badly as soon as the lights go green. Instead, I take my place in the queue, in primary.

The only exception is a junction where my exit is at 12 o'clock, so to speak, up a raod with parked vehicles both sides, and 6 o'clock bound traffic waiting at the TL's (they are phased) so there is often not enough room for a car to proceed, but there is for me ;):smile:

Top Bottom