Filtering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CotterPin

Looks good to me especially covering the brakes ready to stop at all time.
What factors made you switch to cycling up the inside? I personally wouldn't have done that on the approach to the junction and would probably sit in the traffic (but then I am a very cautious person!)

Mad at urage

Filtering inside = more likely to be hit by a door if a passenger decides to get out, also (as drivers 'expect' overtaking to be on outside) more chance of being squeezed into kerb (not nice for rims, could have you off).

Overtaking outside = more potential conflict with oncoming traffic (but they can see you and you can see them): Answer is to plan an escape route.

Good filtering/overtaking - I'd have made the balance more to overtaking, others (as shown here) make a different balance. In the end it's a personal choice.

When waiting for the cars doing u-turns, I tend to angle the bike more across the lane, this discourages car behind from attempting to push past too early.

OP
OP
Bman

Bman

Guru
Yes. Lights were on, but constant, not on flash.

Looks good to me especially covering the brakes ready to stop at all time.
What factors made you switch to cycling up the inside? I personally wouldn't have done that on the approach to the junction and would probably sit in the traffic (but then I am a very cautious person!)

The inside on that road is in quite a poor condition. I find the outside much better, especially where there are the hatched areas. But the hatching only appears in a few places and completely disappears close to the junction.

crumpetman

Where is the camera mounted? If it's on your head/helmet then you didn't appear to do any shoulder checks. I usually have a glance back now and then to make sure I haven't got a motorbike sneaking up on me down the middle of the road.

OP
OP
Bman

Bman

Guru
The camera is mounted on my rucksack strap. So you wouldnt have seen any shoulder checks.

But fair point about sneaking motorbikes. I'll bear that in mind. :thumbsup:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
maybe it's age, but I think I would have been more on the left than the right, and I might have been going less quickly when I was on the right. A friend was hit by a car embarking on a U-turn in pretty much this kind of situation - he was already halfway past the car when the driver hit the launch button....

But that's not a criticism - more an expression of concern.

Top Bottom