Final decision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you to all those who have helped me and commented on my previous posts.

Narrowed it down to the Boardman ADV 8.9 and Boardman ADV 9.0. Unfortunately I don't know enough about bikes to know if the 9.0 is a significant upgrade and worth the extra cost? Thank you for your thoughts and opinions.

https://99spokes.com/en-GB/compare?bikes=boardman-adv-8.9-2021,boardman-adv-9.0-2021

Carbon all day long .... into my third year on a carbon Diverge, best bike I have owned :okay:

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Also riding on big tyres is so much nicer than high pressure narrow tyres, you float over bumps and poor surfaces. This benefit allows for more pleasure, longer rides with less fatigue

This is situation and rider dependent surely.

I prefer the wider softer tyre on a bumpy path commute but when out zooming around on the good countryside roads give me high pressure skinny tyres any day of the week.

CXRAndy

Guru
This is situation and rider dependent surely.

I prefer the wider softer tyre on a bumpy path commute but when out zooming around on the good countryside roads give me high pressure skinny tyres any day of the week.

I too like a fast rolling tyre. I've now combined rolling comfort and speed.

I purchased a deep aero wheel rim ,designed to take upto 32mm tyres. I fitted 30mm G One speed tyres. The tyre blends ever so perfectly to the rim area, that makes the effective rim depth just short of 100mm.

I digress, having 38mm tyres standard allows said rider to go off road where road tyres a rider would be unwise due to increased punctures. I've used 40mm G Ones on a 100 mile road sportive with an average 17mph-so big tyres don't have to be slow.

Top Bottom