Finally done my first 25 mile ride

At last....

I have ridden 3 longer (for me) rides, but all were coming up short of the 25 miles...23 was the furthest I had done.....

until this evening....

Used bikehike last night to plan a route, rather than just looking at a map and deciding which way to head.

Distance today was 25.29, so I am happy (cycle computer said 26 miles, so going to have to measure the wheel rather than use the figures in the leaflet that came with the computer.

I know lots of people make these posts and you must all be bored of them...

My average speed was 15.46 mph on my hybrid, so very happy :smile:

I'll shut up now :smile:
 
Not boring at all, SP! :smile:

Good effort and glad that you enjoyed it! :smile:
 

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Location
Edinburgh
congratulations ;)

Lincolnshire is your oyster now (and the neighbouring counties too :evil:), so many roads to try out ... have fun!

T
 

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Location
South Wales
snails pace said:
At last....

I have ridden 3 longer (for me) rides, but all were coming up short of the 25 miles...23 was the furthest I had done.....

until this evening....

Used bikehike last night to plan a route, rather than just looking at a map and deciding which way to head.

Distance today was 25.29, so I am happy (cycle computer said 26 miles, so going to have to measure the wheel rather than use the figures in the leaflet that came with the computer.

I know lots of people make these posts and you must all be bored of them...

My average speed was 15.46 mph on my hybrid, so very happy :biggrin:

I'll shut up now ;)
Nice one snails pace (i would have that name if I thougt of it first :-) )

Dont worry about computer , if map says 25 you probably did 26 with ups and downs side to sides etc.

25 is a real milestone soon be doing 30, 40 skies the limit now.

Good Luck .

PS last time I rode in licolnshire it was freezing(literally)
008-2.jpg


This pond had kids walking on it.
 

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Location
lost somewhere
Congratulations snails pace.

It really does get better, and of course, addictive. I am very far from being a super athlete, but I started with daily ten mile commutes a year ago. The first few nearly killed me. I did a twenty mile charity ride, and a week later, a fifty eight mile one on the flat in Holland. You are close to Harwich. Take the Stena ferry, and have fun.
 
Banjo said:
Nice one snails pace (i would have that name if I thougt of it first :-) )

Dont worry about computer , if map says 25 you probably did 26 with ups and downs side to sides etc.

25 is a real milestone soon be doing 30, 40 skies the limit now.

Good Luck .
Not too many ups and downs around here I am pleased to say :wahhey:

slowmotion said:
Congratulations snails pace.

It really does get better, and of course, addictive. I am very far from being a super athlete, but I started with daily ten mile commutes a year ago. The first few nearly killed me. I did a twenty mile charity ride, and a week later, a fifty eight mile one on the flat in Holland. You are close to Harwich. Take the Stena ferry, and have fun.
slowmotionCongratulations snails pace.
Lincolnshire is flat enough for now. Starting commuting on Monday. Taking a longer, but less direct route to avoid as much of the main roads as possible. Going will be around 11 miles, and return about 9 (I need food, thats why route home shorter) :shy:

Fab Foodie said:
Well done, a milestone achieved. Your average speed is very good, slow down a bit and 50 miles should be easily achieved... next weekend I'd reckon.
Been out this evening, but only done 16 miles. Might not be many hills in lincolnshire, but the head winds tonight were a killer on my speed :biggrin:

Felt and still feel good though...Perhaps I am on a high, as still well pleased....


And if anyone starting out thinks they can not do 25 miles, or more, think again. I can not believe how adictive this cycling mallarky is. Not sure what other half has planned for me next weekend, but maybe try and squeeze a 50 in (Can't believe I am even thinking about it) :smile:
 

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Location
Edinburgh
snails pace said:
And if anyone starting out thinks they can not do 25 miles, or more, think again. I can not believe how adictive this cycling mallarky is. Not sure what other half has planned for me next weekend, but maybe try and squeeze a 50 in (Can't believe I am even thinking about it) :wahhey:
hehe ... there goes another one ... welcome to the club :shy:
 
Top Bottom