Finally Gone Clipless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
potsy said:
Fitted my m520's today will go for my 1st ride sunday morning while the traffic is light,have set the tension to the lowest level is this right for a 1st journey?

Yes. Lowest is best to start with. Although you might find that the lowest level is just too loose. Take an Allan key with you on the ride so that you can adjust if required.

And don't worry about traffic lights, roundabouts etc. Keyword is anticipation.

It'll soon seem totally natural

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
Jane Smart said:
you are so brave and ~ I am so tempted :sad:

Go for it. You know you want to;)

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
I have Nortwave Kameleon shoes and M520 pedals also... sooo much better than toeclips.

Had a couple of moments, but not managed a complete topple yet :sad:
Set the pedals to the loosest and you can yank your foot out instead of twisting if you really need to.

Daniel.

potsy

Rambler
Halfmanhalfbike said:
Yes. Lowest is best to start with. Although you might find that the lowest level is just too loose. Take an Allan key with you on the ride so that you can adjust if required.

And don't worry about traffic lights, roundabouts etc. Keyword is anticipation.

It'll soon seem totally natural
Have got a shared cycle path right outside my house which lasts about 1.5 miles so will stay on there and practice clipping in and out.
1 question-when starting off from the lights or whatever do you try to clip in almost straight away? At the mo I have toe clips so tend to wait til I get clear of junctions/traffic then get my other foot in.

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
potsy said:
Fitted my m520's today will go for my 1st ride sunday morning while the traffic is light,have set the tension to the lowest level is this right for a 1st journey?

Potsy ... i set mine to the lowest level and its really easy to unclip, i'm going to give it a week or so and then start to tighten the tension up a bit at a time untill i get them spot on

Jane Smart said:
you are so brave and ~ I am so tempted :sad:

Jane ... nothing Brave about it

The thought of riding clipless for the first time is a thousand times worse than actually doing it in fact i feel a bit of a Numpty for dilly dallying about doing it for so long now

And the difference is amazing

Simon

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
NormanD said:
Congrats Simon (without the C)

It's a different world cycling now, makes you feel so much more in charge of the bike :angry:

Enjoy mate and many happy miles of cycling joy :sad:

Norm

I cant believe the difference Norm ... hope your enjoying yours to

Simon (C-Less)

Tel

Veteran
Hey C-less Simon I guessed you'd start a thread regarding your clipless revelations! I'm riding flats at the moment and it's awful :smile:

I'm glad you're happy with the shoes and thanks for the kind words.

potsy

Rambler
Jakes Dad said:
Potsy ... i set mine to the lowest level and its really easy to unclip, i'm going to give it a week or so and then start to tighten the tension up a bit at a time untill i get them spot on
Just been on my test run only 1.5 miles it's pouring down (for a change:smile:) seemed really good easy to clip in and out will probably tighten them up a bit before next ride.

The Jayler

Well done to the OP for going clipless. Hill climbing will become a little easier now.
I think every one should try it as i think you will be surprised at the results.
I have just bought some new M770's for my road bike and forgot to adjust the tension. Being used to hte pedals on my MTB i had difficulty releasing my feet at a junction yesterday. Damn things would not release my feet. Nearly fell over. And on a new bike.

OP
OP
Muddyfox

Muddyfox

Guru
Tel said:
Hey C-less Simon I guessed you'd start a thread regarding your clipless revelations! I'm riding flats at the moment and it's awful :smile:

I'm glad you're happy with the shoes and thanks for the kind words.

No problem Tel .. buying the shoes from you has probably been one of the quickest deals ive ever done on the internet and judging by the way it was packaged up i would imagine you get the wrapping job at christmas (although that was a very proffesional looking address label) lol

I'm sure you wont be riding flats for long ... i've started to tweak the tension up now so standby for a clipless moment lol

all the best

Simon

Top Bottom