Finally got my shoes and spd pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guvnor

Good News:

I picked up a pair of Specialized BG Expert MTB Shoe's and a set of Shimano M520 SPD Pedal's today and could not wait to try them out. Eventually got the hang of cliping in and out and gonna give them a try out tomorrow, BUT before the happy-ish ending i had a complete nightmare as explained below!

Bad News:

I clipped a shoe into one of the pedals to see how it worked without attaching the pedal to the bike and could'nt get the bloody thing unclipped again. :becool: So after about an hour of mucking about and taking apart one side of the pedal, i managed to release the shoe:becool: BUT now i cant put the bloody pedal back together again and looks like i'll be taking a trip to my LBS on Monday to see if they can work some magic on it. Good job that they are double sided so can still be used until then.....

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Try adjusting the tension to minimum. That makes unclipping easier. Tesion setting is the allen key at the back of the pedal. Make sure you do both sides in case you clip into te wrong side;).

OP
OP
G

Guvnor

User3143 said:
:tongue: Sorry to laugh, but sometimes you just have to.:becool:

What did you not attached the pedal to the bike, and then unclip as per usual?:ohmy:

You can laugh, i deserve it for being a complete plonker! I wanted to see how they worked before i put them on the bike. Obviously will not be doing that again:blush::biggrin:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Your problem now will be reassembling that side of the pedal against the spring pressure.

OP
OP
G

Guvnor

Globalti said:
Your problem now will be reassembling that side of the pedal against the spring pressure.

Thats the exact problem i'm having. Tried over and over again with no luck. Think i need to, some how, grow another set of hands, as two just dont work!

e-rider

crappy member
I'd say it's almost impossible without having the factory tooling. Luckily M520s can be found for less than £20 usually, so not a massively expensive mistake!

OP
OP
G

Guvnor

i've given up trying to put it back together. Neither got the patience or experties to sort it out. Still using it as a single sided pedal now and seem to be getting on with it fine. I'll probabley get another set when i can be bothered.

Top Bottom