Finally, I have done it. (S&S ISA)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
My vanguard ISA is running at around 9% again (I have low and medium risk options)

Good grief…how things can change. As of now, 0.06% increase since May 2020 (and 2 of 3 funds in the red)…peaked at around 16% :wacko::wacko:

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Markets jittery due to Australia rate rise by 0.25% (first since 2010) earlier today and more so by expected 0.5% rate rise anticipated at the end of the US Federal Reserve 2 day meeting on Wednesday.

cheys03

Veteran
and the possible 0.25% rise by Bank of England on Thursday..
also, lots of national holidays for various international markets this week means trading levels are lower than normal, in theory

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

and the possible 0.25% rise by Bank of England on Thursday..
also, lots of national holidays for various international markets this week means trading levels are lower than normal, in theory

Yes, I forgot about the BoE meeting on Thursday even though my Google Calendar reminded me a few days back - duh! 😁

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Shares ISA currently a disaster (-5.15% today :ohmy: )

Ditto. I started mine in January and it's not been in a positive yet. However, it's a £250 monthly contribution that I'll add to and am aiming to leave untouched for at least 8 years, so I can use it to top up pension amounts once I retire. Or at least that's the plan.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ditto. I started mine in January and it's not been in a positive yet. However, it's a £250 monthly contribution that I'll add to and am aiming to leave untouched for at least 8 years, so I can use it to top up pension amounts once I retire. Or at least that's the plan.

Mine was 15% up at the start of the year :wacko:

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

We started two January before last and to be fair they are both just slightly positive albeit well down on the start of this year.

Long term investment though so not really worried.

Still putting money in each month like yourself to take advantage of the lower unit prices whilst the markets are trading a tad down.

Onwards and upwards especially when the very sad war situation comes to an end.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Shares ISA currently a disaster (-5.15% today :ohmy: )

£75 on the PBs this month

I daren't look at how my investment (Vanguard) is performing. I'll just keep paying the quarterly fees and hope that things recover eventually as this is a long term investment for my full retirement.

In the meantime, the occasional contributions from Ernie (£125 this month) and a couple of 1 year fixed rate bonds are just keeping ahead of interest rates (if not inflation)

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I always make my ISA share purchases on an ad-hoc basis rather than doing a fixed monthly contribution and letting the provider do the purchasing, as I want to try to pick low market days on which to buy.

AlanW

Guru
Interesting thread, I'm just looking at either A J Bell or Vanguard as possible platforms to move my current pensions to. I retire in six weeks time and my largest pension has lost 28% in twelve months :ohmy:

As it stands I dont think that I will need to touch any of my pensions for at least couple of years, and by then my state pension will have kicked in so I hope to leave them untouched for longer.

Top Bottom