Finally joined the recumbent crew :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Monkreadusuk

Über Member
Well, I've finally taken the plunge and bought a recumbent trike.

Here's my KMX Viper ready for my first commute to work in the morning :smile:

Attachments

• 20150919_201256.jpg
    20150919_201256.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 97
Good news - enjoy the ride

stuee147

looks nice hope you enjoy riding a trike as much as me ^_^
i was going to get jellus of you for getting a new trike then i see you have to work on a sunday morning :eek:

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Nice. Prepare yourself for the inevitable questions at work............you'll see.

Btw, if you're commuting in wet weather, I can see you getting a shower from the rear wheel matey.

Andrew1971

Veteran
Hi
Welocome to the recumbent crew. Sweet KMX ride you have and now the fun begins. I could not afford the viper so i got the tornado 10 days ago:okay:

OP
OP
M

Monkreadusuk

Über Member
@Monkreadusuk
How are you getting on with your KMX Viper. Hope every thing is going ok:okay:
Andrew

I'm coming up to only 100 miles so far, lots of short rides. All is going well, just a little knee pain on my right knee that I need to address.

As for the trike itself, really fun to ride, disc brakes rub a little on corners but I guess that's normal as the wheels take sideways forces?

So glad I went for the viper with 3 rings on the front, wouldn't manage hills round my way otherwise.

I'm a little disappointed with my average speed, didn't realise it would drop so much from my DF bike. However I'm hoping my legs just need a lot longer to adjust.

As for on the road, have noticed a massive difference in regards to other drivers. Out of the 10+ rides I've done so far I've only had one incident with a driver tailgating, when I had my child in trailer on back.

I'm thinking of the possibility of changing my stock tyres for something more slimline and smooth to give me a boost in speed maybe :smile:

Andrew1971

Veteran
@Monkreadusuk what's your average speed. I did a 25 mile ride and was only 20min slower than my DF. I am starting to see improvement on me legs about 200ish mile on mine so far. Yes i get the disk rubbing round corners too. Its fun not slowing down for corner's i have nearly filled my pant's a few time's:smile:

OP
OP
M

Monkreadusuk

Über Member
@Monkreadusuk what's your average speed. I did a 25 mile ride and was only 20min slower than my DF. I am starting to see improvement on me legs about 200ish mile on mine so far. Yes i get the disk rubbing round corners too. Its fun not slowing down for corner's i have nearly filled my pant's a few time's:smile:

Over my 7.5 mile commute I've gone from 30 mins at 13-15mph avg on the DF to 40 mins at 15mph avg on trike.

It's mainly the knee pain that stops me giving it anymore welly :smile:

markg0vbr

Über Member
:cycle:One of us .... One of us...... One of us...... One of us...:welcome:
You may want to get a pamphlet printed of to give people asking the same thing over and over and over and over again:blink:

Remember when you are sat on your trike at a tea stop and every one els is standing and you have just done a blistering dissent a small smile may appear :hyper:

If you don't have cake crumbs down your front your ding it wrong :crazy:

Top Bottom