Finally!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
At last after 17 months of not riding*, I got the Kett' out yesterday and did a couple of tours of the village. Not far, maybe 4-5 miles in all, but I have at last ridden.
What with Lady Byegad's Brain Abscess, then Covid purdah, I took the chance, and did a sneaky little ride.
As we have still only had the one jab each, I still need to avoid contact with people. Both of us have vulnerabilities. So I'll not be doing my usual 20 miles three times a week anytime soon, but it's a start.
I felt ok as I rode, but am a little stiff in my sides this morning, roll on the 3rd week of May when our second jabs will have had 3 weeks to 'take'.

*OK, I did a similar ride a couple of times over last summer, but shorter runs across the village only to keep an eye on my younger son's house while he was working away. This time, hopefully, I'm on my way back to normal riding.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
At last after 17 months of not riding*, I got the Kett' out yesterday and did a couple of tours of the village. Not far, maybe 4-5 miles in all, but I have at last ridden.
What with Lady Byegad's Brain Abscess, then Covid purdah, I took the chance, and did a sneaky little ride.
As we have still only had the one jab each, I still need to avoid contact with people. Both of us have vulnerabilities. So I'll not be doing my usual 20 miles three times a week anytime soon, but it's a start.
I felt ok as I rode, but am a little stiff in my sides this morning, roll on the 3rd week of May when our second jabs will have had 3 weeks to 'take'.

*OK, I did a similar ride a couple of times over last summer, but shorter runs across the village only to keep an eye on my younger son's house while he was working away. This time, hopefully, I'm on my way back to normal riding.

Good effort! :okay:

Top Bottom