Finally !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Finally managed to get the hang of my Tacx rollers last night... now I can't understand why it's taken so long (I bought them in February, I think).

Just needed to relax my Vulcan deathgrip on the bars and not look at the front wheel.

Managed 15 minutes then had a spaz attack and wobbled off the rollers :laugh:

Might try it with my SPD-SLs clipped in tonight - look out for the hilarious 'I fell off my bike whilst clipped in on the rollers' thread tomorrow... Note to self : wear helmet !

Anyway, I can see why they give such a good workout. Managed to get up to 110rpm in top gear and was sweating like a pig after about 5 mins.

Good fun !

Chrisc

Guru
Finally managed to get the hang of my Tacx rollers last night... now I can't understand why it's taken so long (I bought them in February, I think).

Just needed to relax my Vulcan deathgrip on the bars and not look at the front wheel.

Managed 15 minutes then had a spaz attack and wobbled off the rollers :laugh:

Might try it with my SPD-SLs clipped in tonight - look out for the hilarious 'I fell off my bike whilst clipped in on the rollers' thread tomorrow... Note to self : wear helmet !

Anyway, I can see why they give such a good workout. Managed to get up to 110rpm in top gear and was sweating like a pig after about 5 mins.

Good fun !

It's great once you get the hang of it! Well done!

How have you got the length set-up ?

If you have it so that the front wheel is very slightly behind the front roller, so that basically you're riding slightly up it, you'll find that it's a lot easier to control than if you have it adjusted slightly longer so that the front wheel is riding down the front of the front roller.

OP
OP
amnesia

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
How have you got the length set-up ?

If you have it so that the front wheel is very slightly behind the front roller, so that basically you're riding slightly up it, you'll find that it's a lot easier to control than if you have it adjusted slightly longer so that the front wheel is riding down the front of the front roller.

Yeah it's set up with the front axle very slightly behind the centre of the front roller. I think I was previously just too tense and it felt weird being that high off the ground.

mr_s81

Über Member
I got my Tacx rollers delivered yesterday and was on them last night. Took about 10 minutes to get some sort of rhythm built up and to stop going from side to side like some kind of hyperactive ferrit. After about 30 mins I got clipped in and ironically I found it easier!? Although I've far from mastered it, I found that looking ahead and pedalling in a smooth motion without rocking my upper body did the trick. I did about 30-40 mins in total (not continuously I should add, but interspersed with the odd mad speed wobble, where's the door frame routine!) but as a whole I was very pleased.

Like you rightly say, it does soon work you into a sweat. I wasn't in top gear but was concentrating on keeping a high smooth cadence and it's far to say there was a fair bit of moisture on the floor! :blush: Really good fun though, but I can't see me leaving the door frame for another while until I work out how to get out of the spds and get my foot on to a nearby stool! :biggrin:

Top Bottom