Find four words

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
abchandler said:
What sentence validly contains the word 'and' 5 times consecutively
There is a book called " The Word And and its correct usage"

However when the proofreaders read it, they noticed that the spaces between and and and and and and were not the same distance.

Pete

papercorn2000 said:
Jim, where John had had 'had', had had 'had had', 'had had' had had the thumbs up from the teacher
A.N.Other said:
Jim, where John had had 'had', had had 'had had', 'had had' had the thumbs up from the teacher
In order to carry this one further, I have invented a fictitious forummer called A.N.Other. My analysis is:

Papercorn2000, whereas A.N.Other had had "...had had 'had', had had 'had had', 'had had' had...", had had "...had had 'had', had had 'had had', 'had had' had had...". "...Had had 'had', had had 'had had', 'had had' had had..." had had the thumbs-up from Pete.

And so on.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Pete said:
In order to carry this one further, I have invented a fictitious forummer called A.N.Other. My analysis is:

Papercorn2000, whereas A.N.Other had had "...had had 'had', had had 'had had', 'had had' had...", had had "...had had 'had', had had 'had had', 'had had' had had...". "...Had had 'had', had had 'had had', 'had had' had had..." had had the thumbs-up from Pete.

And so on.

best not eh? ;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Speicher said:

However when the proofreaders read it, they noticed that the spaces between and and and and and and were not the same distance.

The companion volume is "Apostrophe's and their correct usage":biggrin:

abchandler

Speicher said:

:biggrin:The version I heard as a kid was a village royal welcome banner reading Welcome King and Queen. The space between King and And and And and Queen was too small...

Pete

abchandler said:
:biggrin:The version I heard as a kid was a village royal welcome banner reading Welcome King and Queen. The space between King and And and And and Queen was too small...
There are endless variants. Pub sign painter, painting the sign for the "Rose and Crown" ... or "Fox and Hounds" ...

abchandler

Over The Hill said:
Hey Abchandler you can make the answer out of your name!

;):biggrin:

And as the a is for Andy, I could do it twice!!

abchandler said:

Should there be a space between King and and, and and And, And and and, and and And, and and and, and and and Queen?

;)

Top Bottom