Find My Posts - capped at 1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just tried to find one of the first posts I made on here, I eventually found it through the search function so this is no longer a problem.

However I initially tried to get to it using the Find My Posts function, but this didn't bring it back. It appears to cap the search at 1000 returned matches. Is this intentional?

Shaun

Founder
Yes, to limit large queries so that if several are run at once they don't clog up the server. :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I came across that limit when I tried to find every post I'd ever made!

Could you change the functionality so we could find all of our posts, displayed in pages of (say) 100 results at a time? That would be more flexible, without putting such a big load on the server.

Shaun

Founder
Yes, everything is being migrated over - well, almost everything ... some things don't exist in the new forums so won't go over, but I'll post more details about that nearer the time.

I think there is also a post searching limit on the new forum software too.

Once the move is complete I will be setting up a "suggestions" forum so people can make comments and ask for tweaks / fixes / features so if you find this is still an outstanding issue after the move, you'll be able to post about it and I can look into it as time allows.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Yes, don't worry, PMs are being migrated - as I said, I'll post more details nearer the time. :thumbsdown:

Cheers,
Shaun :angry:

Top Bottom