F'ing shock pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Just took my shock pump out of my rucksack to check the pressure in my forks and upon screwing it onto the forks discovered that one of the air seals had died. No pressure in my forks at all now :sad: Hopefully a family member already in the town centre can pick one up for me from my LBS before it closes. Am well pee'd off but so glad I didn't (as I sometimes have) adjusted the pressure out on the trails.

Edit - £35 later and one new shock pump that works. Looking forward to a good ride today :smile:

02GF74

Über Member
what air seal was this? they usually have an o-ring which is pennies to replace.

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
On closer inspection it was a little more serious. Where the pump handle attaches to the body the two parts were screwed together. The threading had broken. Also the air release mechanism was not sealing properly and so air was escaping from that was well. The new pump is altogether stronger and much quicker in pumping up the shocks so worth the money.
what air seal was this? they usually have an o-ring which is pennies to replace.

Top Bottom