Finished at last, Dolan CX

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Slow progress but at long last my Dolan CX project is finished and it's a dream to ride.

49144e23ee8e42cf8d21c305c314e16b.jpg

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
That's a very nice looking bike!

Will1985

Über Member
Nice ride - where did you get the Visia Cross forks from? I can't seem to find them anywhere apart from ones charging £100+ which is too much.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Very nice itb- now I've seen your garage on another thread so does this one go in the front room or will will you have to get rid of the kids or the wife's bikes to fit this in?

Mortiroloboy

Nice and stealthy itboffin, you're not a million miles from me, so could see you out and about. lots of spacers on the steerer though?

OP
OP
itboffin

itboffin

Guru
threebikesmcginty said:
Very nice itb- now I've seen your garage on another thread so does this one go in the front room or will will you have to get rid of the kids or the wife's bikes to fit this in?

I have a couple of spaces left, I'm very tempted to get a TT bike as well :girl:

Just checked and ribble have a Dolan track frame which would be a nice replacement for my current steel single speed bike.

OP
OP
itboffin

itboffin

Guru
User259iroloboy said:
Nice and stealthy itboffin, you're not a million miles from me, so could see you out and about. lots of spacers on the steerer though?

Yep playing it safe for now until I get used to the handling which I might add is very sharp :ohmy:

The stem is flipped & longer than i'd normally go for as well, just testing the water before I dabble in a little off roading :girl:

I'm out and about in Wilts, Bucks & Hants pretty much everyday at the moment.

OP
OP
itboffin

itboffin

Guru
Thanks all i'm very pleased with it, the best thing of all is how quiet and smooth it is, I have 7 bikes this is by far the nicest to ride, even though the frame is Aluminium it glides over potholes. I'm seriously considering replacing my single speed and maybe even build a carbon road bike, I could become a Dolan addict :wacko:

Top Bottom