Finished hot tub project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All very middle class. My wife treated herself to a hot tub last year and we had it in a Decathlon base tent.

This year we wanted something a little more permanent, so I've built a shelter. Key requirements were not to affect the view or the light in the garden. We also wanted it open at the front as it can get rather warm without air flow. Both sides are glaized and the roof is clear perspex.

I wanted some sort of waterproof curtain on the front for the colder weather. Had a brain wave earlier and discovered shower curtains were ideal and cheap. Bingo.

20180802_150401.jpg

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

20180802_151102.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I remember a speech at the Durham Miners' Gala in which Dennis Skinner MP lampooned the middle class for having pampas grass.

Good value, Dennis, although for top notch political oration you couldn't beat Tony Benn.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Just have to keep grubby teens out. My daughter had 5 friends over a few months back before the shelter was built, and we had to change the water after. It went a mucky grey colour. xx(

Cycleops

Legendary Member
All you need now is darkened adjoining room and all the local swingers will be piling in :blush:.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Make sure you clean it properly. I know an entire hen party who came down with hot tub folliculitis.

Oh I do. Dab hand at the chemicals, chlorine, ph plus, defoamer and clarifier. And changing filters regular. Found putting the filters on a hot wash in the washing machine saves throwing them.

Top Bottom