Finishing kit recommendations and yay or nay to carbon bars???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lejogger

lejogger

Guru
Fair enough :smile: , if you have problems then it could help .I just get a bee in my bonnet about KOPS for some reason maybe becuase when i was on a ride with the club a guy said my fit was wrong so i changed it to KOPS etc and it took me about 4 months to realize that it was giving me grief so i went back to my old settings which were strangley enough was behind KOPs but felt right for my leg dimensions .
I guess it's a risk to have someone else decide what the best position for you is... I'm reassured that the guy I saw is not only a club mate, but also an elite rider with multiple national records and someone who has striven to improve his own position constantly over a lifetime of riding. I trust his judgement based on reputation, the 3 hours he put aside to help me, and the clear explanations he gave for every change he made.

I know there's no guarantee, but it's certainly a tad more scientific than what I'd cobbled together myself :smile:

OP
OP
lejogger

lejogger

Guru
bike_fit1barwidth2.jpg
I didn't quite mean that I needed advice on what size bars to get... I just meant for the differences between manufacturers and the specific problem of flared drops.

42cm bars are what I have now in the Ritchey brand, and I want the same width from the 3T ones but am not sure whether the 42cm would only actually be 40cm at the hoods.

Top Bottom