Finnished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Finally got the pods and chainring so bike is finnished.

2w7mttw.jpg

Found a cargo net from an old car that fits perfectly.

256u3b9.jpg

Trailer connections maximise bike handling (mtb trailer)can t see it very but connections are ball and socket.

103e53s.jpg

dndq4n.jpg

As I already had most parts lying around. Total cost was £32.50 (cheapest bike Ive ever built). Chainrings are 38 32 24 with a 11/32 cassette. Time atac and flats will be used for touring. Payload on trailer is 70 lbs. Total weight of rig (unloaded) is 27.5 lbs.

montage

God Almighty
that looks like a great touring machine LD!

RedBike

It looks like there's a lot of stuff in that trailer!

I can remember pulling my trailer along the Trans pennine cycleway (ncn 68).

On the climbs up through the Lakes I was regretting not having had the sense to have packed it as light as possible.

By the time I got to the Moorland crossings around Hebden bridge I was already wondering just what I could get away with binning or posting home.

On the last day of my tour while climbing the Woodhead pass out of Holmfirth I was thinking about stashing the trailer somewhere behind a wall somewhere, completeing the ride without it, then driving back to pick it up later on that day.

That tour must have had a negative impact on me because i've never used the trailer again since. It wasn't the weight that put me off using it. It was the fact it was so arkward to get it through styles.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Nearly forgot.

Nice bike

You don't fancy building another like that for £35 do you?

Funny you should say that. Ive got a Spesh M4 with some nice bits hanging off it but, Im fast running out of spare parts so that may be a little more expensive. :whistle:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Nice job lukesdad - couldn't shift a piano for me could you?

Top Bottom