FIRE !!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We <beep> have <beep> a <beep> Fire <beep> drill <beep> going <beep> on <beep> at <beep> the <beep> moment, <beep> but <beep> it <beep> is <beep> in <beep> one <beep> of <beep> the <beep> other <beep> buildings <beep> so <beep> we <beep> don't <beep> need <beep> to <beep> evacuate. <beep> Instead <beep> we <beep> get <beep> to <beep> listen <beep> to <beep> a <beep> beep <beep> from <beep> the <beep> alarm <beep> which <beep> is <beep> making <beep> it <beep> difficult <beep> to <beep> have <beep> any <beep> phone <beep> conversations.

BSRU

A Human Being
We <beep> have <beep> a <beep> Fire <beep> drill <beep> going <beep> on <beep> at <beep> the <beep> moment, <beep> but <beep> it <beep> is <beep> in <beep> one <beep> of <beep> the <beep> other <beep> buildings <beep> so <beep> we <beep> don't <beep> need <beep> to <beep> evacuate. <beep> Instead <beep> we <beep> get <beep> to <beep> listen <beep> to <beep> a <beep> beep <beep> from <beep> the <beep> alarm <beep> which <beep> is <beep> making <beep> it <beep> difficult <beep> to <beep> have <beep> any <beep> phone <beep> conversations.

We just had a fire drill about 30 minutes ago, nice sunny day for it as with all our fire drills as obviously a real fire will wait for a nice day.

phaedrus

They test the fire alarm in my building at 0810 every Friday morning, just as I'm walking along the fairly lengthy and echo-y corridor leading to my office.

Makes me jump every time.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I used to be fire marshall-person at work... everyone congregated in the doorways during drills, so I had to gesticulate (oo'er) and shout "Move away from the building.... move away from the building" etc etc
smile.gif

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
you are keith lard aicmfp…

n20484181222_7098.jpg

I get to set the fire alarms off. Then the entire ships crew dress up as firemen (including breathing apparatus) and pretend to put it out.

At home I use the smoke alarm to inform the family that the evening meal is now cooked.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I volunteered to be a fire marshall at Kings Manor - I was most annoyed not to be issued with a hatchet and a helmet and a hi-vis vest.

We had one rather obnoxious person in our office, and when I asked the dept secretary what I should do if she (the annoying person) refused to evacuate promptly (something I thought likely), the responce was 'let her burn....'

It was worth volunteering to be shown the official fire escape route for the attic in the event of a fire blocking the normal exit stairs - up a little flight of steps, to a 3/4 height door in the wall, along a plank walkway through an empty attic, through a half sized door at the other end, out onto a gable end, along a gutter walkway and in through a door to another part of the building and down a flight of steps that I'd never been up, but often seen from the bottom, and didn't know where they went. Hogwarts was nothing compared to that place.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I was staying somewhere once when the Fire Alarm went off while I was in the shower. It was an old place and the showers were not in the rooms but along the corridor.

Do you know how cold you get standing outside a building in November at approx 7pm on a very cold evening, when you are very wet from a shower, and you are just holding a very small towel(which is not big enough to dry yourself and keep covered up)?

And can you imagine the comments from the other people staying there?

Top Bottom