Firefox 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ohnovino

Large Member
Looks like I might have spoken too soon when I was praising this version of FF.

I've been working on a spreadsheet and my laptop was running like a dog, with something thrashing the hard drive. When I looked at the process list on Task Manager there's firefox.exe, still running 30 minutes after I'd shut it down, and with 650MB of memory allocated to it. In the end I had to crash the process just to get my PC responsive again :angry:

This isn't the first time everything has slowed down in the past week, but because FireFox has been "closed" each time I've assumed it's just my poor little laptop showing it's age.

S_t_e_v_e

Veteran
@ohnovino : I've had no problems with Firefox 4 - maybe you have an addon that is causing the problems.

@MontyVeda : There is an addon called Toolbar Buttons - which has a load of new buttons to further customise your toolbars, plus it has a 'progress meter' you can place somewhere... or you could try TabMixPlus which will put a progress bar on each tab if you want...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
@ohnovino : I've had no problems with Firefox 4 - maybe you have an addon that is causing the problems.

@MontyVeda : There is an addon called Toolbar Buttons - which has a load of new buttons to further customise your toolbars, plus it has a 'progress meter' you can place somewhere... or you could try TabMixPlus which will put a progress bar on each tab if you want...

Thanks for that steve... I'm kind of getting used to no loading bar after a week without one.

Top Bottom